Valley Cats Sale Contract
1. Breeder guarantees that the cat listed above is a purebred Bengal cat, with an accurate pedigree, and is eligible for registration with The International Cat Association (TICA).
2. It is the buyer's responsibility to have this cat/kitten examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours (2 business days) after adoption to activate your 1 year genetic health guarantee. If this cat/kitten is found to be medically deficient with an untreatable or life threatening illness (documentation required by a licensed Veterinarian) it must be reported to the Seller immediately. Seller will replace this cat/kitten of equal value at the Seller's first opportunity.
3. After 48 hours the Seller cannot be held accountable for future FeLV/FIV/FIP and any other bacterial or viral infectious disease, parasites, or fungus, due to the fact that these can be contracted anywhere in the environment after leaving the Seller's home.
4. This cat/kitten is guaranteed against congenital defects up to the age of one year. Should a life threatening defect appear within the first year, a licensed Veterinarian must document it. Upon supplying the Seller with this documentation, Seller will replace the cat/kitten with another of equal value at the Seller's first opportunity. Buyer understands that at no time for any reason will there be a monetary refund of any of the purchase price.
5. All health guarantees are void if the cat/kitten is allowed to roam freely outside or is given the FIP, or any LIVE or MODIFIED LIVE vaccinations.
6. Seller shall provide the pedigree and registration papers for the Kitten to the Purchaser within a reasonable time of Purchaser’s presentation of a veterinarian’s certificate of spaying or neutering of the Kitten.
1. Buyer agrees to have this cat/kitten examined by a veterinarian within 48 hours (2 business days) after adoption to activate your 1 year genetic health guarantee.
2. Purchaser shall care for the Kitten with a proper diet, housing, health and general care, including maintaining up to date vaccines and proper parasite prevention.
3. Purchaser will remain mindful that the stress induced in an animal when going to a new home may cause symptoms of illness, including minor upper respiratory infection, to appear in otherwise healthy animals.
4. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to provide immediate veterinary care to any cat/kitten showing signs of illness or distress. Failure to do so will render any guarantee null and void. All veterinary fees are the sole responsibility of the Buyer.
5. Buyer understands that at no time for any reason will there be a monetary refund of any of the purchase price.
6. Seller STRONGLY discourages the act of declawing your kitten/cat. Declawing is a serious and extremely painful surgery that involves amputating the last joint of the cat’s toes. Bengals have large feet and toes, and are more seriously affected than most breeds. Cats that are declawed may develop physical, emotional and behavioral problems such as poor balance, insecurity and biting. Declawed cats may quit using the litter box because digging can cause pain.
7. If this kitten is being sold as pet only and NOT for breeding, Purchaser agrees to neuter/spay kitten at his/her expense before the kitten reaches one year of age and guarantees this cat/kitten will not be used for breeding. Seller will hold registration papers until the Purchaser has provided proof of altering. There is a financial penalty of up to $2000 (price of a breeder) if your cat produces kittens. Having your cat spayed/neutered will make for a better pet!
8. Under no circumstances will this cat ever be sold, leased, or given away to any pet shop, Humane Shelter, research facility or similar facility. Valley Cats Bengals will accept back the kitten at any time in the event the purchaser is unable to keep kitten or find a suitable home for the kitten. Kitten MUST be neutered/spayed before being rehomed.
9. This cat will not be euthanized for any reason other than a veterinary deemed emergency.
10. Any and all pictures taken of kitten before date of sale can/will be used for advertising purposes of the seller.
11. Seller assumes NO responsibility for purchaser’s allergies to cats, disapproval of landlord, lack of proper house training for this cat/kitten, etc. The seller is not responsible for any injury or illness to other pets or humans caused by exposure to this kitten.
12. Buyer agrees that this contract will be bound by the laws of the State of Oregon, and any dispute regarding this contract will be settled in an Oregon state court.
13. Final payment is due at time of pickup. Seller will not accept check or credit card for final payment.
VALLEY CATS DEPOSIT AGREEMENT
· Purchaser shall pay a deposit upon reservation or selection of kitten, which shall be applied towards the Purchase Price for the Kitten. The final balance shall be due and payable upon the release of kitten to purchaser.
· The purpose of the Deposit is to ensure the Purchaser’s intent to purchase the Kitten. The Deposit is non-refundable, should the Purchaser, for any reason, change his/her mind.
· The buyer may transfer the deposit to another available kitten up until the kitten reaches 8 weeks old. After 8 weeks, the deposit is non-transferable. If for some unforeseen reason this kitten becomes unavailable or unsuitable as a family pet and/or breeder, the buyer may transfer this deposit to another kitten to be agreed upon by both seller and buyer.
· Seller reserves the right to refuse to sell the Kitten to the Purchaser at any time, if, in Seller's opinion, the Kitten will be better suited at a different home. Seller's decision shall be motivated solely by the best interests of the Kitten. Seller shall notify Purchaser in writing of its decision, the reasons for this decision, and Seller shall thereupon refund Purchaser's deposit, at which time, this Agreement shall be null and void.
· Valley Cats reserves the right to keep Pick Kitten. If we feel that there is a kitten in a litter that can contribute to our cattery, that kitten will be Unavailable for Sale, and will not come into play for deposits.